Sunday, July 1, 2012

Forks and Knives

To take up heart, I bid no plea
To wonder a journey inside of me
Bare feet on small cold stones
I'm better wondering this journey alone
Upholstered chairs and afternoon tea
A sinister want, a malicious decree
Curly rings and silver spoons
The sun, the sky, the stars, the moon
Broken pages and catchy tunes
The sun, the sky, the stars, the moon
A spot light on a gleaming white head
So much to recognize, only after the death
Beautiful colors and stringed violins
Please, pray away my dirt and my sin
But can I trust what I already know?
But can you see the ground through snow?
Bright signs and flashing lights
I thought the peace came after the fight
You walk the race you said you would run
The stars, the moon, the skies, the son
Prepare your hands and likely you'll know
How to see the ground through snow

No comments:

Post a Comment