Monday, October 8, 2012

Mess

Sight is clearer after the tears
After the last salty drop streams down your cheek
The screaming heat on your skin is soothed
But don't tell me you never feel it
Don't tell me you never want to fight it
I know you have it
Admit it, just admit it
I can't sit around and let you treat me like this
I cant be beaten with this bat forever
Just give it up,
Just let it go
When the last word is said
When the first noose is tied
That's when you know
That's when the bomb has dropped
The atomic sound booms
It breaks my ear drums
They burst of life and death, 
Out seeps the stress of my world
Out seeps the declaration of defeat
All that was packaged inside
But the exportation was too far
It was returned quickly,
Back to the sole of my being
Bottled back up into my rudiments
I wish I could fuse it all
I wish I could coat it with the chemicals of my worry
And watch it dissipate in thousands of 
litte
tiny
pieces
But I will never know what it means to fight
I only know how it feels to remain
How it feels to grip with all your might
To clamp until your sockets disassemble
And hold on long enough to stay awake
Though some nights I wish I didn't
Some nights I wish I could go
And forfeit this battle
Some nights I wish I could 

No comments:

Post a Comment