Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Dry Rain

A harmony dances in my blood
I feel funny
And all of the sudden
I remember where I left my shoes,
Behind the door in the corner
I left my love for you there also
I'm sure a few years from now I'll dig it up
But I like it there for now
Occasionally it floats around the room
I like to watch it play with my mood
My eyes follow it closely as it twirls
To the beat of music it twirls
To the breeze from my fan it hurls
And at night it curls up at my feet
Taking up too much of the covers
My feet get hot
I kick it off
It rolls back into the corner
Next to those shoes of mine
I like it there for now
I hope you don't visit me again
It's not often I have freedom of my mind
It's not often that rain is dry
But it happens
At least I think it does
And that's all that matters,
Right?



1 comment: