Monday, October 22, 2012

Tell Me

Ambition,
Belief,
Confidence,
Destruction,
Cowardice,
But aren't they all the same?
Everyone seems to portray them all the same
With religion there is arrogance
With belief there is limit
With ambition there is ambiguity
In all of this I fail to see the sincerity
You snap for my attention
You force this pen in my hand,
Tying my eyes to read these lies
At least I think they're lies
Or maybe it's just a disguise
Maybe I am not worthy to know the truth
But what really is the truth?
Is it the words painted red, italicized in this small print?
Or is it the suffering of this world
Every day that I witness
When you succeed in your efforts let me know
The shallowness in your good deeds soon will show
But sometimes I wonder what really is good,
All these questions and no one to answer
No one but myself, this paper, and the night
I hinder though I try to thrive
My habitat restrains me, I plead for a breath
It's like trying to run a mile in just one step
It's like eating a meal when I have no mouth,
Leaving me feeble and unsatisfied
Some nights I cry,
But I'm not always sad
And some nights I find it impossible to be happy
Knowing that I have to live a life of perplexity
Because everyone know's it all,
But no one can tell me anything


No comments:

Post a Comment