Saturday, December 1, 2012

Not Buried

Crying myself to sleep because it's the only way I know how
Shutting my eyes so the images don't mock me
Leaving the curtains open so i can watch the moon sit in the sky
I know it will be there,
Just like every other night
Shining to me it's loyalty
The only kind i'll ever know
Your words poison my blood
Making me suffer as it slowly boils
Pumping toxins into my flesh
Consuming me entirely
As the wind brushes over my stinging eyes
I remember the feeling of loss,
It was a voice calling me home
Back to the room where it all began
Following me are breaths of rain
And this same gust of wind still brings me chills
The chills crawl to my bones
And make still
Susceptible  to the hurricane that brews in me
I spit out my soul,
It's all over your new shirt
I'm embarrassed but happy,
It's proof that it still exists
Proof that it's not buried
But in the end
I should have known
Don't pluck a rose before it's grown

No comments:

Post a Comment