Thursday, November 29, 2012

Off With My Head

Soft brown curls hug my rosy cheeks
The snow will fall soon,
If I let it
I sit on a picket fence,
Tapping my heel to the beat in my head
Talking to the stars
As if they're my only friends
Wishing that wishing helped anything
I freeze momentarily,
And wish some more
I feel hope tug on my skirt
Looking up at me with big puppy eyes
I shake it off, quickly and callously
"Don't you know I've got better things to do?"
Some times the sky paints me pictures,
But never tells me the meaning
I often feel as if my mind is too full
No room remains for thoughts
But still I think
Soon my head will fall off
And i'll watch it sink into the mud
Buried in the ground,
Waiting to be exhumed by a thoughtless stranger
A lucky, thoughtless stranger

No comments:

Post a Comment