Thursday, April 4, 2013

Presence of the Soul, Absence of the Mind

What if I were to tell you I am not who you think I am.

Selfish, not generous
Hateful, not loving
Voilent, not peaceful

Is it really that hard to believe?
Maybe all the things I claim to be are just masks to hide what I truly am.

You might not believe it
Feel free to believe
But just because you believe does not mean it holds true

Waking up every day as a stranger to myself
Hoping that one day
I will wake up knowing myself
Because I have learned
That in order to know others
I must first know myself
Well

Maybe I am complaining of something too small
Maybe I should stop searching, and I will find
But that would be too easy
Wouldn't it?

I suppose some help would be nice
But who really would want to help
A person incapable of ever helping herself


No comments:

Post a Comment