Thursday, April 18, 2013

To: Someone Living in Somewhere

Sometimes I do believe I am 18 going on 80
Feeling things young people my age do not feel
But at the same time,
Seeing things older people do not see
Experiencing things older people do not experience
And you may ask yourself,
"What good with this blog entry do for you?"
The answer?
Nothing really.
Nothing at all.
Nothing except give me hope that someone, somewhere,
Is reading this
And that someone from somewhere
Knows exactly what I'm talking about
Because no one here,
Does
Or maybe they do-
But they have not stretched their minds enough
There are too many "tight minded" people
As I like to call them.
If minds were like tires,
They would have the same set in all their automotive owning years
As for me,
My tread would be worn
I would need a rotation twice a month
At least
I would be in debt because I couldn't afford the maintenance
But would continue to drive
Because what is life if you don't?
The problem is not that people aren't driving,
The problem is that they don't even think about it
Or where they are parked.

Still following me?
It's alright, most people can't.
Every teacher I have ever had says the same thing,
"I can't follow your thoughts, but they're profound."
But what if they're not?
I don't believe they are.
I believe that you cannot measure profound
Because I believe it to be relative
Is that profound?
I give up.

I wish I could give every person reading this a high five.
Just to say thank you.
I would give hugs, but I don't like being touched.
I guess it's a recluse- writer thing.
The fact of it is,
Most people I wish would read this won't,
And most that won't, aren't missing much
But for now I'll think of myself as a
Profound recluse

Just for now.


1 comment:

  1. I would love to be inside your brain because I am about 100% sure it is an extraordinary place... ps- I don't like being hugged either. SIMILAR. Recluse-writers UNITE.

    ReplyDelete